Hayamin Hehadash

Leader: Naftali Bennett
Current Seats: 3 (new party)
Government/Opposition in Last Knesset: N/A (new party — members served in government under Habayit Hayehudi)
Supports/Opposes Two-State Solution: Opposes

Hayamin Hehadash is a new right-wing party (aptly named) launched by erstwhile Habayit Hayehudi leader Naftali Bennett. While 2019 will be the first lection in which Hayamin Hehadash runs, three incumbent MKs are currently affiliated with the faction — Naftali Bennett, Ayelet Shaked, and Shuli Mualem, all formerly of Habayit Hayehudi.

Hayamin Hehadash's roster includes dedicated supporters of West Bank annexation, including Naftali Bennett, Ayelet Shaked, and Caroline Glick.

Naftali Bennett pioneered the Bennett Plan/Stability Plan, which calls for annexation of Area C (60 percent) of the West Bank and the establishment of an autonomous Palestinian regime on the remaining 40 percent of the territory. Bennett has recruited far-right pundit Caroline Glick to run on Hayamin Hehadash’s list. Glick, like Bennett, alleges there are fewer Palestinians living in the West Bank than is generally accepted, using their claims as a pretext for annexation.

Before founding Hayamin Hehadash, Naftali Bennett became an influential player in right-wing Israeli politics as head of Habayit Hayehudi.

The separation of Hayamin Hehadash from Habayit Hayehudi can bee seen as an attempt by Bennett and Shaked to break from the influence of Tekuma’s rabbinic leadership. While Hayamin Hehadash is almost guaranteed to sit in government with Netanyahu’s Likud, Bennett and Shaked are widely seen as having aspirations of holding the premiership after Netanyahu leaves office.